Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shape Shifters Breakfast Hash

Ok, so I've been experimenting in the Shape Shifters kitchen and came up with something good this morning.  This dish is great because it provides a good source of protein in parallel with complex carbs (good source of energy).  I am calling the concoction "Shape Shifters Breakfast Hash".

I want to point out my suggestions are for people that are new to working out and on the beginner level.  It's NOT for the hardcore competitive bodybuilder.  Most of my posts will be for ordinary people that want to ease into a healthier lifestyle.


Step 1:  Microwave a medium to large sweet potato 2-3 minutes depending on the size.  When done, remove the skin and cut into squares or circles (refer to image for a better idea).  Use a non-stick frying pan and PAM or store brand butter cooking spray to prevent the food from sticking.  I set my range at medium-high and stir often. 



Step 2:  Add diced onions and peppers and season with sea salt and pepper. 






I buy onions and peppers that are already diced to save time.  I use Smart Balance spray butter to add flavor. 






Any egg whites will suffice.  I like to buy the ones already separated in order to save time.











Added the onions and peppers.






 





Sea salt and pepper added.  Stir often.








Step 3:  Remove the hash mixture.





Once the sweet potatoes are browned, or in my case blackened, temporarily place them on a plate so you can use the same pan to cook the egg whites. 







 Step 4:  Cook the egg whites.  







Prep the pan with cooking spray before cooking the egg whites.












1 cup of egg whites.












I also season the egg whites with black pepper.











Flip the egg whites periodically.
















Step 5:  Add the sweet potato hash mixture.






Add the sweet potato mixture back in with the egg whites.  Slowly stir with the egg whites.











I stir the contents for about a minute before serving.  The sweet potato mixture gives the egg whites some extra flavor.







Step 6:  Serve!






The finished product! Shape Shifters Breakfast Hash!








I have definitely felt more energetic in the morning since switching to this breakfast. It should help minimize early morning cravings too.  Feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Email Nate Schwartz 

Have a great day!

Nate


No comments:

Post a Comment